Date: 19 – 20 February 2017
This course will provide you with the treatment planning knowledge and skills to be able to complete a vertical, horizontal or crestal approach sinus lift as well as ridge splitting techniques. You will also be able to handle the complications that may arise from any of these treatment options.
The lecture topics for this course are as follows:
- Maxillary Sinus Anatomy
- Lateral Window Technique
- Filler Materials for Sinus Lift Procedures
- Simultaneous Implant & Sinus Lift vs. Two-Stage Technique
- Summers’ Technique (Vertical Sinus Lift)
- Complications of Sinus Lifting
- Complicated Sinus Lift Procedures
- Ridge Splitting Techniques
- Prosthodontic Principles for Posterior Maxilla
- Current Status
- Soft Tissue Techniques
- Hands-On Training on Animal Model
Hands-on will include lateral window sinus lift technique as well as ridge split technique and soft tissue closure.Â It will deal with treatment of perforations as well as placement of synthetic bone substitutes. Live surgery involves 2 cases with a lateral window sinus floor elevation either with or without simultaneous implant placement.Â The second case involves a ridge split technique in either the upper or lower jaw.